Here is our official “3 Months Before You Go” prep list for road trips and vacations. Use it for extended hotel stays, holiday getaways and travel away from home. Want a printable list? Download the free “How to Prepare for a Road Trip Vacation” and get all the to do lists in printer friendly PDF format.
- Start thinking about where you’d like to go.
- Buy roadside attraction apps and park guides.
- Buy phrase books or language guide apps.
- Research monuments, attractions and parks online.
- Define the purpose of your trip (visit, attractions, roaming).
- Decide where you want to go if time limited vacation.
- Use a maps app to calculate the driving distances.
- Buy a GPS unit, or a maps app and practice using it.
- Arrange annual vacation time, or leave of absence from work.
- Arrange for an elderly care giver or live-in assistant if needed.
- Renew the passport if not six months remaining.
- Get a second credit card, from another vendor, as backup.
- Visit the doctor for travel vaccinations and medications.
- Obtain any visitor visas required by destination countries.
- Get child consent letter (Your right to accompany them).
- Get an eye exam and update prescription eyewear.
- Scan important documents into your computer.
- Take photos of important documents, if no scanner.
Did we miss something on our “3 Months Before You Go” road trip vacation prep list? Please contact us at Driving Road Trips and let us know. Thank you!