Here is our official “2-4 Weeks Before You Go” prep list for road trips and vacations. Use it for extended hotel stays, holiday getaways and travel away from home. Want a printable list? Download the free “How to Prepare for a Road Trip Vacation” and get all the to do lists in printer friendly PDF format.
- Go to bank and set up auto credit card payment.
- Get destination currency if traveling out of country.
- Buy traveler’s checks if you’ll be using them.
- Get a roll of quarters and change for tolls and parking.
- Phone utility companies and switch to credit card billing.
- Get travel & medical insurance from agent, or auto club.
- Get prescriptions from doctor to last the entire trip.
- Set up a post box at the UPS Store or post office.
- Set up a temporary mail redirect to the post box.
- Shop, compare and buy food coolers.
- Buy collapsible bowls and eating utensils.
- Use the “Apps Packing List” to prep the smartphone.
- Make reservations at your first destinations.
- Print out Google maps if no GPS or data plan.
Did we miss something on our “2-4 Weeks Before You Go” road trip vacation prep list? Please contact us at Driving Road Trips and let us know. Thank you!